Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Good News because of the GOOD NEWS!

This past week Hannah asked Jesus into her life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pumped! We were doing our family devotions using "The Way of the Master". After reading the ten commandments and coming to the conclusion that we have all sinned, we read, "If judgement day were today, would you go to heaven or hell?"
As my direction was pointed toward Noah, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Hannah was crying. Huge tears were coming. For the first time, Hannah realized she was sinner and without Christ she was lost. She must have cried for about 30 minutes. The conviction of the Holy Spirit was so evident.
Confirmation of her decision came the next day when she asked Sarah, "What's next...what do I do next?" This gave us the opportunity to talk about her relationship with Christ and baptism.
I've been praying for so long that God would draw her near.
Sarah and I have been so careful in how we talk with our kids about salvation. One thing is we wanted it to be all God and not us. There would have been many times where we could have asked, "Would you like to ask Jesus into your life?" She would have said yes and it would been us, not the Holy Spirit drawing her to Himself.

God is so God. We continue to pray for Noah, Grace, and Elijah.

No comments: