Saturday, April 15, 2006

BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED

Last night we watched the Passion of the Christ by Mel Gibson. It doesn't matter how many times I watch it, I still get very emotional and sick to my stomach. The gut wrenching torture that Jesus went through for me is very humbling.
I would encourage you to watch it mainly as a reminder of what Christ has done for you. I'm sure the movie doesn't even come close to what Jesus went through, but it sure gives an idea.
Throughout the week, I heard from teen students (6th grade and up), "My parents won't let me watch it because of the blood and gore." My response is, "What?" May I get on my soapbox for just a little bit. What is portrayed in the movie is reality........Jesus dying for our sins! I guess I would ask for those whose parents won't let them see it, how many have cable in their homes where godless, perverted, and violent shows are shown 24 hours a day.......not just cable but even basic television. Parents, don't you want your teens to see what Christ did for them? Students, don't you want your friends to see what Christ did for them?
Now I do believe that not all should see it especially young children...for there will be a time and place. I would recommend some grade school children get a glimpse of the death, burial and resurrection through an Easter drama.
I guess I say all of this to say.......We are here because of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ! We will live in eternity if we are believers because of Jesus!!! It's all because of Him! Parents, you have treasures, your children, so that you can show them Jesus and lead them to Christ----they aren't in your household to just hang out!
Okay, I'm done...I'm off of my soapbox.
My last thought and then I'm done............

BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mike,
its ted.

it was good to see you a couple weeks ago in tulsa.

you should update, its been a while.